If you'd like to have a secret, fantasy or story posted here please send it to me for consideration at barrysquotations(at)gmail(dot)com. Any subject is welcomed, all submissions will be treated with the strictest privacy and posted anonymously unless you wish to be identified.







Friday, January 14, 2011

Why I Started This Blog



This blog is a natural progression from Life in Quotations. It was never my intent when I first started blogging to explore the hidden corners of other people or myself. But as time went on and trust was gained a lot of things were revealed in confidence, and I soon realized that many of us have things inside we'd like to set free. Most of us keep these secrets hidden for fear that they'll be ridiculed or misunderstood.


Secret Sundays (formerly Secret Fridays) has been proof that people are more likely to share more private sides of themselves under the reassurance of anonymity. Additionally, I've been wanting to explore heavier, more sexual subjects on my original blog but held back as I didn't want to change its direction. This has led me here. The Secret Garden is yours to cultivate, a place to anonymously share anything you want. I'd like to present as many different views and experiences here as possible. So there will be times I'll post something I don't necessarily have interest in or agree with, knowing some of you will.  


I'll need the help of many to keep it nurtured and flourishing.


Things may change over time but here's what I have in mind.  Submit any secrets, fantasies, stories (although not mandatory I'd prefer you identify whether they're real or fictional), experiences you have that you'd like others to better understand (eating disorders, cutting, etc.). You can submit this to me either in the form of an anonymous comment which I'll review and post, or by e-mail at barrysquotations (at)gmail(dot)com. You don't have to identify yourself by e-mail but if your name appears I won't show it anywhere in the post. You have my word.


I'll consider posting everything except the following subjects if presented in a way that's intended to arouse:
  • children
  • animals
  • any form of abuse including rape 
My mandate with this blog is respect and trust.  I've kept my profile identifiable not only so that my current readers may follow if they choose, but as a way of being accountable to those who write in. Trust works both ways.  Finally, while I intend this blog to be no-holds-barred and I consider myself extremely open-minded, I reserve the right to decline anything which I feel is inappropriate.


Welcome to my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment